Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Days are Back!
Monthly collection events will start April at the Northwest Citizen Convenience Center located at 2840 Sisson Street, and will be held the last Friday and Saturday of every month from April through November (exact dates and times are below).
These events provide an opportunity for Baltimore City residents ONLY to dispose of hazardous household materials such as:
- car and household batteries
Note: Latex paint is NOT hazardous waste; it can be dried up and the cans put out for regular trash collection.
Businesses and private haulers must contract with a certified vendor to dispose of hazardous waste.
Residents must show proof of city residency, e.g. a driver's license, telephone bill or tax bill, before they can drop off any hazardous items. Residents must also be able to identify the material.
Materials that will not be collected as household hazardous waste include trash, asbestos, ammunition, fire extinguishers, industrial and medical wastes, and radioactive materials, including smoke alarms with a radioactive symbol.
Dates and times:
- April 27 & 28 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- May 25 & 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- June 29 & 30 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- July 27 & 28 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- August 24 & 25 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- September 28 & 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- October 26 & 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- November 23 & 24 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.